Working at Cotswold Archaeology
All benefits are linked to individual grades and length of service with the company, and include:
- paid sick leave
- generous contributory stakeholder pension plan
- group Life Assurance and personal accident insurance
- childcare voucher scheme
Depending on individual project parameters and locations, there is sometimes the potential to earn:
- lieu time or overtime for hours worked in excess of 7.5 per day
- lieu time for driving carried out either side of a 7.5 hour working day
- lieu time for passenger time in excess of 45 minutes carried out either side of a 7.5 hour working day
Where staff are required to work on a project classed as “away” and provided with overnight accommodation, we pay a flat rate of £15 subsistence per night.
As a Registered Organisation with the Institute for Archaeologists, we observe and exceed their recommendations regarding remuneration.
We seek to involve employees at all levels in the decisions that affect them regarding working practices, terms and conditions, and environment. We have a staff consultation committee that meets regularly to discuss issues relating to working conditions at Cotswold Archaeology.
Employees are encouraged to undertake talks and presentations to local societies and groups, write articles for publication and submit items for our corporate website. Staff also play a role in the development of the heritage sector through their work on local committees.